Motor Mounts for Driftboats
We sell the 3.5 hp 20-inch long shaft outboard motor. We only sell the long shaft for driftboats. We do not recommend the 15-inch short shaft because it is necessary to use a motor mount on a driftboat. The motor mount raises the motor on the transom. The motor mount does three things:
- It allows the anchor bracket to remain in the center of the boat. No more offset anchor masts.
- It allows the motor to be put in the optimum tilt position with relationship to the water.
- It makes the motor easier to steer and swivel for reverse.
- Motor mount: $180 (pictures above)
- Stainless steel hardware and safety chain: $20